The PALS course is designed to improve outcomes for pediatric patients by providing pediatric healthcare workers with the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively recognize and intervene in respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest.
The course is aimed at professionals who must be credentialed as a requirement for employment or practice.
This course covers these topics
- Pediatric emergencies
- Concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- PALS treatment algorithms
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
This course is intended for
- Emergency room, family and other physicians
- Physician assistants
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Intensive-Care and Critical-care providers
Suggested text and learning
Students are required to bring the 2015 PALS Provider Manual to class. You may purchase a paperback manual as an add-on when you register for your class on our website. You can also call, email, or stop by our Downtown Santa Cruz location to purchase your book from our student store. The AHA also has a eBooks available for purchase for ACLS, BLS & PALS!