The ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac-arrest-care.
ACLS also covers airway management and related pharmacology. Skills are taught in group sessions with small group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
The new 2015 ACLS course requires you to interpret EKG rhythms. Unless you work with EKG rhythms on a daily basis we strongly recommend that you practice reading EKGs prior to class.
This course covers these topics
- ACLS Algorithms
- Immediate post-cardiac-arrest care
- Airway management
- Rhythm recognition
- High-quality CPR
- 1- rescuer CPR AED
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Science overview (update course)
- BLS and ACLS surveys
- Megacode treatment
This course is intended for
- Respiratory Therapists
- Staff in intensive- care units and emergency or critical care departments
- Other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency
- Physician Assistants
Suggested text and learning
- Rapid Interpretation of EKGs by Dale Dubins, 6th edition
- EKG simulators: 30-day Personal ECG Review by by Pace Symposia for $9.99
You are one step away from taking your career to the next level
"*" indicates required fields