We have a Hybrid class option available for Summer 2022
Class Start June 21, 2022
Virtual Lectures Tuesday and Thursday 5:30pm – 9:30pm
In person skills @ Defib This in Santa Cruz 9am – 5pm on either Saturday or Sunday
Space is Limited
The EMT Course has three components:
- Didactic/Lab (165 Hours): technical, theory and practical hands-on education
- Clinical (24 Hours): field training (ambulance, emergency room and high fidelity simulation)
- Testing (Includes Didactic Hours): quizzes, tests, midterm, and final exam (theory and skills)
Through lectures, interactive presentations, psychomotor training, and simulations, EMT students build the knowledge and skills to care for patients.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be eligible to take the National Registry (NREMT) Exam required prior to applying for State EMT certification.
Students will be required to purchase the eBook during orientation and a link to this will be provided (Approx $250). This includes online access to the course curriculum (quizzes, tests, supplemental study materials and the digital eBook). The physical book is available for purchase however, this does not replace the required eBook.
- Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Twelfth Edition
- Navigate 2 Advantage Digital Supplement EMT 12E and FISDAP – Psychomotor Skills Tracking App
- EMT Patch – You will receive this on the 1st day of class
- EMS Shirt – Navy Blue Short-Sleeve Button Up
- Undershirt – Navy Blue
- EMS Pants – Navy Blue
- EMS Boots – Black
- Black Belt
- 7.5 Trauma Shears
- Blood Pressure Cuff
- Pen Light
- Wrist Watch (with a second hand)
- Negative TB Test (within the last 18 months)
- TDAP (within the last 10 years)
- Proof of MMR, HepB, Varicella
- Seasonal Flu Shot
- Complete Covid – 19 Vaccination / Booster
- Live Scan Report
- Form This is a PERSONAL background check in which applicants will need to submit the above form to a Live Scan location and be fingerprinted and then bring the results to Defib Academy.Please keep in mind that a Live Scan report takes roughly ONE WEEK to process, to be sure to start this process early. Defib Academy cannot accept Live Scan results mailed directly to our facility. They *must* be sent to the student directly and then turned in to the admin staff.
- EMT Student Insurance Ambulance company will require each student to purchase personal liability insurance in order to participate.
- Laptop, iPad or Tablet (All students must possess a laptop, iPad or tablet to complete assignments)
- BLS (Basic Life Support Certification) **Must be from the American Heart Association, no other certification companies will be accepted**