Attention Bear EMT Students!
At this time, the National Registry of EMTs is not allowing provisional licensing to graduates with solely lecture training.
This means we can no longer offer the option of opting out of the didactic skills. We can offer to you our 10 week B class where lectures are done Virtually through zoom and Skills sessions are held on Sundays at Santa Cruz
- 10-week B Summer: starts June 22nd- August 29th
- Tuesday & Thursday virtual lecture- 6:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Sunday in-person skills- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
The EMT Course has three components:
- Didactic/Lab (165 Hours): technical, theory and practical hands-on education
- Clinical (24 Hours): field training (ambulance, emergency room and high fidelity simulation)
- Testing (Includes Didactic Hours): quizzes, tests, midterm, and final exam (theory and skills)
Through lectures, interactive presentations, psychomotor training, and simulations, EMT students build the knowledge and skills to care for patients.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be eligible to take the National Registry (NREMT) Exam required prior to applying for State EMT certification.