The ACLS Update course builds on the foundation of Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac-arrest-care.
This course requires you to interpret EKG rhythms. Unless you work with EKG rhythms on a daily basis we strongly recommend that you practice reading EKGs prior to class.
In order to participate in the ACLS Update course it is required that each student has a current, unexpired, ACLS AHA certification. If your certification has expired or will expire prior to your attendance in the class, please register for the ACLS 2-Day Providers course.
This course covers these topics
- ACLS Algorithms
- Immediate post-cardiac-arrest care
- Airway management
- Rhythm recognition
- High-quality CPR
- 1- rescuer CPR AED
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
- Science overview (update course)
- BLS and ACLS surveys
- Megacode treatment
- Identification and initial care of other life-threatening clinical situations ( such as stroke)
This course is intended for
- Respiratory Therapists
- Staff in intensive- care units and emergency or critical care departments
- Other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency
- Physician Assistants
Suggested text and learning
- Rapid Interpretation of EKGs by Dale Dubins, 6th edition
- EKG simulators: 30-day Personal ECG Review by by Pace Symposia for $9.99